WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Registration is now open for the 2019 event
The following are the key details for cyclists and give you a flavour of the event as you prepare for the ŠKODA Tour de Boyne Valley on Saturday 31st August.
ŠKODA Pasta Party
Cyclists can carb up and sign up for the ŠKODA Tour de Boyne Valley on Friday 30th August at ŠKODA Western Motors Drogheda between 5.00pm and 8.30pm.
The event will start and finish at the ST MARYS GAA COMPLEX, DONORE at entrance to NEWGRANGE COMPLEX on Donore to Slane Road.
MAP TO SIGN UP EVENT ON FRIDAY 30th AUGUST
EVENT START TIMES
Long Route – 15km starts 9:15am
Medium Route – 95km starts at 9:30am
The 2019 SKODA Tour de Boyne Valley event offers participants the choice of 150km or 95km routes. These routes will offer participants the chance to experience the rolling countryside of the Boyne Valley on some of the roads of the famous Boyne Valley Drive and passing some of its famous heritage sites.
150km Route – Starts at 9:15am
Starting at St. Marys GAA Club Donore, we head out the road to Thermofecken. Traveling along the coast road to the seaside town of Clogher Head then alongside the beach before heading inland to the rolling roads of the Boyne Valley. The first water station is at 52km at Kilsaran. The main feed station is at 101km in Wilkinstown Community Centre and the second water stop is at Ryans Pub Gormalough at 133.5km.
Strava Link – 150km: https://strava.app.link/DAlpjqspNY
95KM Route – Starts at 9:30am
Starting at St. Marys GAA Club Donore, we head out the road to Monasterboice up towards Dunleer. The main Feed station is at Philipstown Community Centre at 50.3km and a final water stop at Ryans Pub Gormalough at 77km. After the water station you will travel back towards St. Marys GAA Club Dunore.
Strava Link – 95km: https://strava.app.link/mWKSGkApNY
NB: The ŠKODA Tour de Boyne Valley is not a closed road event and you must adhere to the normal rules of the road.
EVENT SIGN ON
There are two options for participants to sign on for the event.
The Day Before – Friday 30th August – Between 5.00pm and 8.30pm at ŠKODA – Western Motors, M1 Retail Park, Drogheda Co Louth
The Day of the Event. – Event sign on starts at 7.30am on the morning of the event until 8.45pm at ST MARYS GAA COMPLEX, DONORE at entrance to NEWGRANGE COMPLEX on Donore to Slane Road.
PLEASE BRING YOUR EVENT REGISTRATION DETAILS WITH YOU RECEIVED WHEN YOU REGISTERED ONLINE.
When you sign on for the ŠKODA Tour de Boyne Valley you will receive your event identification which will be a bike tag you must display
• The event is a sportive and not a race and you are responsible for your own safety and the safety of others on the road.
• Your will receive an event map and key safety details at event sign on.
• The routes selected for the ŠKODA Tour de Boyne Valley are generally quiet roads but you will encounter some busy road junctions. Please be aware of traffic on all roads.
• SKODA marked directional signs will be placed throughout the route and marshals will be evident throughout the route. Please remember marshals are only there to assist. You must check for oncoming traffic at all junctions.
• All participants will be provided with an emergency contact number in the case of an emergency on the route. Please note this is not a number for bike repairs.
• You are responsible for taking part in the event on a safe and suitable bike. Participants are responsible for their own bike maintenance. There is limited mechanical support system in place and will sweep throughout the route at and the feed stations.
• Please ensure you have spare tubes in the event of a puncture and do not rely on the emergency number for help with changing punctures etc.
• No earphones permitted
• No tri bars permitted
Cyclists will be provided with refreshments after the spin. IMST will be on hand also to provide massages. The ŠKODA Podium will be in place to grab a picture with your well earned finishers medal. Triple Crown Cyclists will be presented with a memento of their achievement after the event.
Ambulances and roving paramedics will be available all day, should anyone require medical assistance it will be administered in the fastest possible timeframe. Please call the emergency contact number provided on the day for medical emergencies.
The routes are marked out with distinctive ŠKODA directional signage.
WHAT TO BRING
Your bike must be in good working order to cycle either routes
– Water bottle (s)
– Spare tubes and a Puncture repair kit
– Mobile phone
– Emergency money & ID
– Energy snacks
– Wind / Rainproof top – Participants must be aware that weather conditions in this area can change and you should bring appropriate clothing to keep warm in any adverse weather.
– Sunblock – we hope you will need plenty of this.
REMEMBER – NO HELMET NO CYCLE
This will be strictly enforced.
LEAVE NO TRACE
The event operates under a Leave Non Trace litter policy. Please respect the Louth and Meath countryside and its residents and bring home your litter. Please do not litter the area with gel sachets, empty bottles or food wrappings etc.
Please ensure you can change a puncture and bring spare tubes. It may be some time before support can arrive to a spot where a cyclist may have picked up a puncture so please ensure you can change your own wheel or cycle with someone that will assist you to avoid long delays that will impact on your enjoyment of the day.
REFUNDS / TRANSFERS
There are no refunds available for no shows / cancellations as agreed by all cyclists during the online registration. We do not operate a place transfer system within 7 days of the event date.
We hope you have a great day in the Boyne Valley with all it has to offer.