This Policy applies to both personal information supplied to us either by an individual or by others. We may use personal information supplied to us for any of the purposes as set out in this Policy, or as otherwise disclosed at the point of collection.
This Policy is an important document. We recommend that you read it carefully and print and keep a copy for your future reference.
In this Policy, we use the terms:
“Data Controller” shall mean Celtic Cycling Series acting as the data controller as prescribed by GDPR
“Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person;
“identifiable natural person” is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors; and
“you” and “your” (and other similar terms) refer to our customers, job applicants, staff and visitors to the Celtic Cycling Series websites.
- We may collect data relating to children for the reasons detailed below.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you, or a third party, with copies of the Personal Information we hold about you at any time and to be informed of the contents and origin, verify its accuracy, or else request that such information be supplemented, updated or rectified according to the provisions of local law;
- the right to request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of your Personal Information that is processed in breach of the law;
- the right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your Personal Information. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your Personal Information, if that is the case, we’ll let you know why; and
- withdrawal of consent – while we do not generally process Personal Information on the basis of consent when Personal Information is processed on the basis of consent an individual may withdraw consent at any time (this may apply to processing of special categories of Personal Information where you have instructed us to act on your behalf and includes the following: racial/ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs and trade union membership). In the event that you no longer want to receive any marketing material from us, please use the unsubscribe option (which is in all of our marketing emails to you), or contract the relevant Data Controller as set out below.
To exercise such rights and if you have any questions about how we collect, store and use Personal Information, then please contact us using the details firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT BASIS DO WE HAVE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only process personal Information where we have a lawful reason for doing so. The lawful basis for processing Personal Information by us will be one of the following:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you are party to or in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract;
- the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations (such as compliance with anti-money laundering legislation);
- the processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate business interests (including that of the delivery and the promotion of our services); and
- processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?
We aim to be transparent about why and how we process Personal Information. For further information on our processing activities please review the relevant section below:
Our General Personal Data Protection Policy governs the use and storage of your data. You may request to see our General Personal Data Protection Policy in writing by emailing the Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) at email@example.com
Celtic Cycling Series, is a Controller of the personal data you (data subject) provide us. We collect the following types of personal data from you, you give us by filling in forms or by corresponding with Us:
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Phone number
- Data of Birth
Information we collect automatically
As you interact with the Site, We may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Use: For contact and communication purposes: we may use your contact information to send you updates that we may circulate from time to time, news about any events we are organising or you are participating in, and/or other information about us and the services that we provide that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also use such information for performing analytics such as trends, sales intelligence, marketing effectiveness (such as click and open rates) uptake and progress.
- Retention: We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the categories, amount, nature and sensitivity of personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use of disclosure of the personal data, the purposes for which we process the personal data, if we can achieve the purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Our events are not directed to or intended for registration by children (under 18). If we learn that we have received information directly from a child under age 18 without his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use our services. Subsequently, we will delete such information.
WHO ELSE MAY HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
On occasion, we may need to share your Personal Information with third parties. We will only share Personal Information where we are legally permitted to do so. We may pass your Personal Information to third parties such as:
- events: we may need to pass on your Personal Information (e.g. name, age) to a third party in connection with management of an event, in which case the details will only be used by the third party for that specific purpose;
- business partners, service providers and other affiliated third parties: to enable us to provide our services to you
- disclosures required by law or regulation: in certain circumstances, please note that we may be required to disclose Personal Information under applicable law or regulation, including to law enforcement agencies or in connection with proposed or actual legal proceedings.
- emergency or health incidents
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- General event participation information
- Direct event communications
- Event promotion / awareness
We need your personal data in order to provide you with the following services: marketing, operating promoting, and informing me of its event series and related businesses.
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against unauthorised or unlawful use, and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We put in place strict confidentiality agreements (including data protection obligations) with our third party service providers.
LINKS TO OR FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may link to other, unaffiliated third party websites. Please note that Celtic Cycling Series is not, and cannot, control or be responsible for the content or privacy and confidentiality practices of any third party websites. You must always carefully review the privacy and confidentiality policy of any third party website that you may visit in order to understand how the operators of that website may collect, store and use your Personal Information.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this Policy.
While we hope that you will not need to, if you want to complain about our use of Personal Information please send an email detailing your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. Please see further details below: email@example.com